French Macarons – a Deliciously Light Temptation
There has been a lot of debate about the origins of the macaron. It is predominantly a French confection, although it is thought to have come to France by Italian pastry chefs in the 1530’s during the rein of King Henry II of France.
But it wasn’t until about 300 years later that macarons began to be made with two light meringues sandwiching jams, spices liqueurs, and other fillings.
At Dreamin’ Desserts we start with two almond meringue discs made from finely ground almonds, sugar and egg whites, which are then filled with a lovely light filling. Macarons are available in a multitude of flavors.
Yes, this is a gluten free pleasure!
When you bite into one of our French macarons the light crunchy almond meringue outer shell gives way to soft delicate buttercream, jam or chocolate ganache fillings.
French Macaron Flavors
- Strawberry & champagne
- Salted caramel
- Chocolate mint
- Passion fruit
- Key lime with chocolate
Macarons make perfect party favors
Having long been an obsession for Europeans, Americans are quickly realizing what a wonderful sensory delight macarons make. These sweet confections make the perfect party favor and can be individually packaged in cellophane and pretty ribbon.
- Single macaron favor – $3.00 each*
- Two-piece macaron favor- $4.00 each*
* Price per favor includes packaging & custom ribbon color, minimum two dozen order.
French macaron towers are a trendy alternative to the traditional wedding cake and a lovely addition to any dessert table display. Dreamin’ Desserts macaron towers are available in 3 sizes (price includes up to 3 color/flavor combinations):
- Small tower approximately 50 macarons – $ 150.00 ( 6″ wide x 12″ tall)
- Medium tower approximaly 80 macarons- $ 250.00 ( 7.5″ wide x 15″ tall)
- Large tower approximately 140 macarons- $ 425.00 ( 10″ wide x 20″ tall)
Additional design options are:
- painted pearl metallic lustre finish. This finish adds $.25 per macaron
- hand painted initial or hearts. Cost per macaron is $.25
As all our French macarons are made to order for each customer we have a minimum order in place – 4 dozen per flavor. However, if you are creating a dessert table the minimum order differs depending on the size of your dessert table.
ENQUIRIES & ORDERS